Thursday, May 8, 2014

April 16 2014 - institute

John 1 - think of it instead of the gospel of St. John more as the testimony of St. John. Each man lived the same story, but will explain it slightly differently. 20:31 three different thoughts after reading this scripture: If I believe in The Lord then ill have peace and comfort. If I read and sincerely pray then I will receive a testimony of Jesus Christ. If I believe in Christ I will do his will. John 1:1-14Christ:We were with God premortally; Creator / teacher; Light of the worldWord; Only begotten of the father;perfect/grace and truthGenesis 1:1Vs 4 sticks out to me because if the light of Christ is in all men, I'm worth something and have the ability to use that light to help others. 26-34 johns testimony of Jesus Christ: sacrifice, he's here, righteous / perfect, all through Christ, godhead, divinity of Christ. He is the lamb of God. What does that mean to you? To me it means that he is so perfect, so humble that I need to make my life like his, become more like him. All prophets went up to the mountain to talk with God, when Christ went downwards for his baptism. That's really symbolic for what he was going to do. (Got baptized in the Dead Sea- he came to redeem the dead. Lol)You are the only one that can make yourself not receive all the father has; God will not not want to give you all of it, for he loves you!John 2 what was the first miracle? Water into wine. 2:1-4 woman is a form of respect. Vs 5-10 do it. Christ respects his mother. He never goes half way. He always does his best. You should do the same. Do all you can do in the best way that you can. Christ is simple and powerful. Doesn't look for the fan fair. What he provided was better than what was there before. We do our best, then Christ can help us make it better. Is showing that he has power over the elements showing that he has done this before in the creation of the earth. Through the savior we can have eternal salvation. When I understand the teachings of Christ, and you understand the teachings of Christ, we understand each other. 

No comments:

Post a Comment